Understand the 304 properties of stainless steel; we will understand approximately what conditions and uses you can choose, while if you want to pick a best choice from all grades of stainless steel you have to understand the distinctions between them. We can equate SS304 with 316, 303, 201, 310, 430, 409 and more, describing the structure, characteristics, costs and uses. Choose the best CNC stainless steel machining material according to your needs.
What is the difference between Stainless Steel 304 and 316? – stainless steel 316 vs 304
1) Composition: 304 comprises 17,5% -19,5% chromium and 8% -10,5% nickel, while 316 contains 16,5% -18,5% chromium, 10% -15% nickel and 2% -2,5% molybdenum. 1.
2) Properties: higher molybdenum levels lead to improved corrosion resistance of grade 316. Stainless steel 316 is more resistant than 304 to chemical attack and oxidation. 304 has a formability greater than 316.
3) Price: 304 steel is more expensive than 316.
Which is stainless steel stronger than 304 or 316? You can choose from various scenarios.
304 stainless steel vs 316 stainless steel where 316 stainless steel is better:
– If you need an outdoor enclosure which is open to different elements, 316 is a superior material and will prolong the product life time and is also stronger. Where more power and hardness are required. Applications of many corrosive materials, such as coastal and marine ecosystems.
304 vs 316, of which 304 is superior cnc machining stainless steel
– Where excellent formability is essential. – Where less costs are needed.
What is the difference between Stainless Steel 303 and 304? – 303 vs 304 Edelstahl
1. Composition: Stainless steel 303 includes at least 17% chromium, 8% nickel and 0.15% sulphur/selenium, whereas stainless steel 304 contains not less than 18% chromium and 8% nickel.
2) Properties: adding sulfide decreases the resistance to corrosion somewhat, but improves the machinery of 303 stainless steel, it is ss304. Thus, 303 is machinable rather than 304 while 304 is weldable and has better resistance to corrosion.
3) Cost: purchasing 303 stainless steel is a little more costly.
4) Application: 303 quality stainless steel is best used for nuts, locks, gears, fittings, covers etc. In applications where esthetics and cleanliness are important, including construction, food production, plumbing, packing, etc., the 304 grade stainless steel is better.
What is the difference between stainless steel 304 and 18 8? – The 18-8 family includes 304 stainless steel versus 18/8 304 stainless steel. What's stainless steel 18-8? In stainless steel 18/8, commonly known as 18-8 stainless steel and 18-8 stainless steel, corresponds to a 300 stainless steel sequence with a chromium content of 18% and nickel content of 8%. Popular designations include stainless steel 301, 302 and 304.
What is the difference between Stainless Steel 304 and 201? – 201 vs 304 stainless steel
304 stainless steel incorporates more chromium, providing superior resistance to corrosion. Form 201 of stainless steel is higher in manganese. Stainless steel 201 is more suited for sectors that need greater longevity at a lower cost and do not worry about corrosive elements exposure.
1) The stamping and corrosion tolerance of 304 steel was greater than in 201
2) greater toughness of SS304
3) 201 grade rust is smoother
4) 201 Stainless Steel is less expensive than 304
5) Edelstahl 201 appears darker than 304
How does 310 Stainless Steel differ from 304 Stainless Steel?
1) composition: 310 chromium (24-26 percent) compared with 304 (10-20 percent) and nickel (19-22 percent) compared to 304 Composition: (8-10.5 percent ).
2) 304 steel would be fairly ductile and 310 would be a little more difficult.
3) The hardiness, wear, and corrosion tolerance of stainless steel 310 is higher than 304.
4) Grade 310/310S is usually applied in ovens, radiant pipe, petroleum tubing and steam boiler hangers, internal carbon gasifier parts, plumbing panes, thermal wells, anchor refractory bolts and brenners.
What is the difference in Stainless Steel between 304H and 304L?
The biggest disparity is the carbon percentage between 304H and 304L. The higher the carbon content, the worse the stainless steel grade corrosion tolerance, often varies in values.
1) 304L is ultra-low carbon steel, with a carbon content of about 0.03 percent or less, and 304H has a carbon content not less than 0.04 percent.
2) 304L's corrosion tolerance is in principle higher than 304H. 304H is more sensitization tolerant than its equivalent 304L.
3) 304H meets demands for elevated temperatures and offers increased temperature power for temperatures above 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
4) The disparity between 304 and 304L rates of stainless steel is marginally higher, with SS304 having a yield intensity of 0.2 percent 42ksi (289 mpa) and 304L having a yield strength of 0.2 percent of 35ksi (241 MPa).
How should 430 Stainless Steel differ from 304?
1) Composition: stainless steel 430 does not have nickel, while 304 does have a nickel content of 8 to 10.5 percent.
2) 430 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel were not magnetic.
3) 304 steel is softer and more formable.
4) during cold-working, SS304 hardens, but 430 doesn't.
5) stainless type 430 is more machinable.
6) The price is greater than 430 for 304 stainless steel
7) 304 has a grade much more prone to corrosion than 430
8) 304 pressing and drawing is even faster
What is the difference between Stainless Steel 304 and 409?
1) Composition: 409 stainless steel comprises 10.5% 0,5% chromium and 0,5% nickel, whereas 304 stainless steel has 18%-20% chromium content and 8%-10% nickel content. 409 can be nearly 90% iron in stainless steel. The concentration of iron in 304 stainless steel is much smaller.
2) Due to the differences in structure, surface corrosion is easier on 409 machined stainless steel parts, 304 is rust tolerant and longer in lifespan than 409.
3) 409 quality stainless steel, as well as 304, does not polish.
4) 409 steel is more suited for heat cycling and bending. The hardness of 304 stainless steel is greater than 409.
5) Stainless steel 409 costs are smaller.